- Pango. The goal of Pango is to provide an open-source framework for the layout and rendering text into GNOME environments. GNOME environment is popular tool kit for the development of Graphical User Interface. Pango's major role is to provide localized text rendering. Pango uses Unicode for all of its encoding, and supports output in world's all major languages. Its official website to learn more about it and to download it is http://www.pango.org/
- OpenOffice. OepnOffice is a replacement for Micorsoft Office in open source world. It is dircetly in competition with Office suite of Microsoft. Open Office includes
- Tomcat. it functions as a servlet container under the Jakarta Project at the Apache Software Foundation. It implements the servlet and the JavaServer Pages sepcification from Sun Microsystem. Tomcat runs with many application servers that supports servlets and JSPs. It comes with Jasper compiler that compiles JSP into servlet. It also functions as an independent server itself. Since its written in JAVA, it runs on any computer that has JVM Java Virtual Machine installed on it. The official Tomcat website is http://tomcat.apache.org/
- PHP. PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor is a widely used open-source programming language primarily for server side applications and developing dynamic web pages. It can be seen as an alternative to Microsoft's ASP/VBScript/JScript or JSP/Java system. PHP is easy to use and due to similarity with languages like C, perl it has gained its importance. It allows interaction with large number of Databases services like MySQL, Oracle, DB2, and PostgreSql. It runs on most operating systems including Linux, Windows, Sun OS, Mac etc. Home page of PHP is http://www.php.net/
- Python. It is an interpreted interactive programming language with very rich syntax and is considered as one of the fastest growing programming language. Due to its open-ness and powerful nature, its been a regular choice for most of the programmers. The famous website, www.reddit.com has been developed completely with python only. There are a large number of modules available for python which makes the use of python very east. The documentation is provided on the website itself free.You can read its features and download links here python-open-source-programming-language. Its official website is http://python.org/
Open Source World.