Linux mint was produced with the purpose of high level computing with comfort operation which is both powerful and easy to use.
Linux mint was started in 2006 and soon it become the 4th most widely used operating system in the world after Windows ,Apple mac OS, and Linux Ubuntu
Feature which make Linux mint apart from others:
- It works out of the box, with full multimedia support and is extremely easy to use.
- It's both free of cost and open source.
- It's community-driven. Users are encouraged to send feedback to the project so that their ideas can be used to improve Linux Mint.
- Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages and one of the best software managers.
- It's safe and reliable. Thanks to a conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update Manager and the robustness of its Linux architecture,
- Linux Mint requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware...etc)
- Linux Mint 14 "Nadia"
- Linux Mint 11 "Katya"
- LinuxMint 10 "julia"
- Linux Mint 9 "isadora" LTS
- Linux Mint 8 "Helena"
- Linux Mint 7 "Gloria"
- Linux Mint 5 "Elyssa" LTS
Most notable bug fixes:
- Improved keyboard navigation in Scale and Expo
- Fixed panel labels getting shrunk
- Panel zones alignment
- Improved stability (fixed many bugs which made Cinnamon 1.4 crash)
- Fixed many memory leaks present in Cinnamon 1.4
- Improved dual-monitor handling
- Fixed context menus appearing behind the panel, flickering or appearing behind other windows.
- Faster workspace switching (and no more reordering of the windows)
- Fixed skype chat window stealing the focus
- Fixed attached dialogs leaving window borders on the screen when closing too fast
- Fixed panel autohiding when lookingGlass is open
- Fixed showDesktop applet not always showing the desktop
- Fixed showDesktop applet missing Gimp utility windows
- Fixed places not appearing in menu
- Applets are now aligned in the center when placed in the central zone of the panel
- Edge Flip
- Grid View in Expo
- Configurable panel heights
- Panel auto-hide delay options
- Expo and Scale applets
- Brightness applet
- Mouse scroll to switch windows in window list applet
- “Close all” and “Close other” in window list applet
- Cinnamon 2D (A new session which uses software rendering, to help people troubleshoot compatibility problems with Cinnamon)
- Workspaces and Menu pages in Cinnamon Settings
- Faster menu filtering
- Menu activation on hover
- Settings applet is now part of the panel context menu
- New widgets (for Applet developers): radio buttons and checkboxes
Linux Mint 14"Nadia"
For user guide click hear
- Prateek verma.
OSR Open Source Revolution